- Area-wide control of insect pests: from research to field implementation?
- Stochastic Modeling: Analysis and Simulation?
- Wednesday, March 29, 3:30-4:30PM, Fretwell 315?
- An entropic feature selection method in perspective of Turing’s formula?
- Historical dictionary of Democratic Republic of the Congo (Zaire);
It only takes a minute to sign up. My question is this: is there an equivalent set of estimators for the binomial distribution?
I tested out the same formula numerically, since I figured that the Poisson distribution is just a limit of the binomial distribution so perhaps it would still work, but it does not. But can this be fixed somehow?
Is there a similar set of estimators that work in the general binomial case? The estimator is a bit convoluted in general form, but it is there. The estimator is given for a general multinomial distribution, binomial being a special case. Sign up to join this community. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top.
Subscribe to RSS
Home Questions Tags Users Unanswered. Unbiased estimators for powers of binomial expected value or p Ask Question. Asked 1 year, 9 months ago. Active 1 year, 6 months ago. Viewed 76 times. Ben Farmer Ben Farmer 5 5 bronze badges. Tools Request permission Export citation Add to favorites Track citation.
Turing's Formula - Statistical Implications of Turing's Formula - Wiley Online Library
Share Give access Share full text access. Share full text access.
Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Statistical Implications of Turing's Formula.see
Join Kobo & start eReading today
Related Information. Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure.
- Secondary menu!
- Statistical mechanics: a survival guide.
- Turing's Formula.
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Chimpanzee: How Our Animal Heritage Affects the Way We Live.
- The State and Industry in South Korea: The Limits of the Authoritarian State;
- Participatory Democracy and Political Participation: Can Participatory Engineering Bring Citizens Back In? (Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science).
- Britannica Book of the Year 2011.
Email or Customer ID. Forgot password? Old Password.
New Password. Password Changed Successfully Your password has been changed.